Netgear EX6150 is the advanced level tri band wireless extender. It works smoothly in all the dead zones. When your wireless network doesn’t cover the entire house like, backyard, kitchen, garage etc and show less connectivity, then you need to setup the netgear EX6150 extender. This extender provides you with a high quality wireless network. It also extends the wireless network range. In this topic we discuss the Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup process.
You can set up your extender in several ways. Here are some given below.
Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup via Fastlane method
Fastlane technology mainly used to increase the wifi performance. It provides a high speed wireless connection. First of all, you need to check whether your Netgear Extender EX6150 supports the fastlane method or not. If it’s supported then follow the given steps for your Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup.
- Connect your main router to the Netgear EX6150 extender.
- Then, launch any web browser like google chrome, mozilla firefox, internet explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the search bar and hit the enter button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Press the ‘Do More’ button and then ‘fastlane’ option on the Netgear Genie App.
- Now you will see the two options.
- In both options choose any one.
- Finally, click on the save button.
If you have any problem related to this setup then you contact our experts. They will help you a lot.
How to do Netgear EX6150 extender setup using Netgear installation assistant?
- Turn on your Netgear extender.
- Make sure your extender is placed near the router.
- In the next step plug your extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the green LED light.
- Connect your main router to the extender.
- Start a web browser on your smart device.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar. (If your mywifiext.net is not working then contact our experts for quick help. )
- Then the Netgear installation assistant displays in front of you.
- Follow the on screen steps to connect your extender to the actual wireless network.
- Place your extender in the new location.
- If you get poor connection then place your extender close to the router.
- After finding a perfect location for the extender, connect your devices to the extender.
Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup using WPS button
Follow the given steps for Netgear extender setup:
- Turn on your Netgear EX6150 extender.
- Place the router close to your extender.
- After this, plug your extender into a power socket.
- Wait for the LED light.
- Click the WPS button on the extender.
- The connection is good between the router and the extender if the Netgear light turns white.
- Place your extender in the new location.
- Grab a laptop or smart device in which the wireless router coverage is poor.
- Connect your smart gadgets to the extender.
Netgear EX6150 extender installation via Netgear Nighthawk app
First of all, make sure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Write down the router’s SSID network name or password.
- Turn on your extender.
- Install the nighthawk app on your android or ios devices.
- After finishing the installation, open the nighthawk app.
- Follow the screen command to complete the setup.
How to do Netgear EX6150 Extender firmware update?
Firmware is a set of instructions that is integrated into the hardware device. When your extender suddenly behaves badly and doesn’t provide the high coverage then you need to update your extender firmware.
Here are the some steps to update the firmware:
- First of all, turn on your extender.
- Combine your router to the extender.
- Then start any web browser you want.
- In the web browser search bar Type mywifiext.net and then click enter key.
- Enter username and password for login.
- Click the Firmware update option In the setting menu.
- Now press the check button.
- If there is any latest firmware version available tap on the yes button.
Common setup issues
- Extender shows a red light.
- The Netgear genie app does not work.
- Internet connection is poor.
- Forgot the default password.
- Not able to perform the reset process.
- Not able to update the firmware.
- Can’t access IP address.
- Wifi connection issue.
- Extender is not connected to the router.
- Internet properly connected, but it does not work.
- Cannot connect to mywifiext.net.
- Site is not working.
Follow the given steps to fix the Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup issues.
- Keep ensuring that your extender receives a proper power supply.
- Make sure that your extender is close to the router.
- Confirm that your extender is plugged in.
- Your device accesses high internet speed.
- Check all the wires, don’t use damaged wires.
- Place your extender away from the wall corners, fish tank, bluetooth device, metal objects etc.
- Type the correct url in the search bar.
- Update latest firmware version.
- Use the latest version of the web browser.